Welcome to My Hotel!

Welcome to My Hotel!
I finally broght the Aggies good luck in Reno!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Since so far I'm only attracting family to read my blog anyway--but I guess that's okay. If you've read books about John Adams, Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin you just have to be amazed at how many letters they wrote. Since we don't write letters anymore, the blog must be the modern equivalent.
I know we've said it before, but it sure is fun to have you all together. My mind is quickly slipping into senility I know, but I don't believe you were this much fun growing up! What happened? You actually have ideas, dreams, opinions. It amazes me in a really great way. The saddest thoughts I have are the ones that remind me that like it or not, there's an end ahead, and I already lament what I've missed and what I'll miss in the future. Isn't the thougth of eternal family comforting!
For the girls I thought I'd summarize the Priesthood session of conference, at least what I thought were the highlights.
President Uchdorft (sp!) compared church service to moving a piano...stand close together and lift where you stand. He said people often fall into two camps, those who don't like their callings because they feel it's beneath them and those who just don't want the responsibility. His counsel: cease to aspire and cease to retire.
Pres. Eyring talked about feeling overwhelmed. He said Pres. Faust counselled him: "I can't help you, but He can!"
And Pres. Monson said we should learn what we need to learn, do what we need to do and be what we need to be.
I know you can read these yourself, but I thought I'd note them before I forget them for my own benefit.
Ryan, Bethany & Audrey: have fun on the boat! All the rest of you...just have fun!

No comments: