Welcome to My Hotel!

Welcome to My Hotel!
I finally broght the Aggies good luck in Reno!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

I have nothing even remotely significant to say today. But in church today Ross Farrer shared this poem b y Helen Mallicoat and it was sort of what I needed to hear. I worry about everything that "might" happen to all of us in the future. I want everyone to be blissful always. Ain't gonna happen! I want you all to know how much I love you and I just know we're all in it forever so...

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.

Suddenly my Lord was speaking.

"My name is I Am"

He paused. I waited. He continued.

"When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there.

My name is not I WAS.

"When you live in the future with its problems and fears, it is hard.

My name is not I WILL BE.

"When you live in this moment it is not hard. I am here.

My name is I AM."

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Those are the types of things I need to hear everyday. I am so happy right now but I can't help but dwell on past mistakes and dream of some great future. Thanks for sharing. I hope you know what a great dad you were in the past, the great dad and grandpa you are today, and that there's a great future awaiting us both.