Well, I've given up sports, again. This time for good. Raylene asked me the other night if I'd rather go to the symphony or a Jazz game. I'd much rather go to the symphony. The Utah Symphony is undefeated, they've never lost a concert they should have won, they've never been ranked last in the conference, they've never blown it in the ninth, fumbled on third and one and never given up a fall-away jump shot in the fourth with the clock running down. The trombonist never breaks you heart by striking out with the bases loaded. He never makes the Monday headlines for using steroids and never advertises beer. If he takes more money to play for the Los Angeles orchestra it never makes the news and no one really knows if he's playing hurt.
So from now on, I don't care who won or lost, I'm not glued to ESPN and my symphony can play in the same league with yours. I'm feeling better!
I wonder what the score is...
Squeezing Every Ounce of October
8 years ago



3 comments:
We'll see...
Hey, do you think you could convince Ryan to choose the symphony?
This doesn't sound like you at all. Do you have a fever? You guys have always been in the "big league" as my sister Marlyse and I would say. Hope you had fun anyway!
You shouldn't really be that upset right now. At least the Red Sox aren't going to the World Series right? And you can't give up sports until after Saturday when the Aggies play Fresno. That will renew your belief in sports right?
Post a Comment