Two of my all-time favorite movies are Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid and The Sting, both co-starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford, so I was naturally sad when I heard Newman had passed away. It seemed like he was a good guy. And he didn't seem to be all carried away with himself. He gave a lot to charity, a lot that he could have kept for himself. And he provided "Hole in the Wall" camps for kids with cancer. He was married twice, but he made the second one stick. And I don't think he sold out in the movie roles he took. They weren't all commercially successful, but he didn't stoop to filth or crude movies just to get money. It was said that he worked hard at being a good actor. I'll still enjoy his movies and I'm sorry he's gone. Sometimes I feel like the people who die are the kind of people we can't replace. I hope for every decent person who dies, a decent person is born. Or even 1 1/2 or 2 decent ones for every one we lose would be great. That's the optimist view. And it's the way I'm praying!
2 comments:
Yea! It looks like you got it all figured out and it looks GREAT!
I love it! I am so excited to check your blog all the time.
P.S. I still think you would make a great writer.
Post a Comment